Saturday, February 27, 2010

my house

One day I want to own a house with a bathtub. Probably more than just a bathtub, but at the very least a nice bathtub. When I dream about bathrooms it sometimes means that I need to wee, but often it's also that I just would love to have a great big extravagant bathroom someday. More than one. When I need to relax I like to sit and imagine my dream house. It has a huge bathroom, with seperate rooms for the bathtub, shower, mirrors and cabinets, and of course the watercloset. I hate bathrooms that share function so that if someone is showering you can't use the toilet. Right now my flat is so tiny that I have to share shower with toilet and laundry, and it sucks. I want a huge bathtub, big enough for two of course, big enough for the water not to go cold after five minutes, big enough to soak off any worries and cares I might have completely. Big enough to play battleships in. It will have it's own little shower in it, maybe one down each end, because it's really hard to get rid of shampoo in the shower, and it's always nice to have a little clean down if you've been soaking in something like bathsalts or something. Then I'd have a big shower compartment in a seperate section like I said, so two shy people can wash at the same time. If two less shy people want to wash at the same time, they can both wash in the same shower because it's going to have more than one shower head, cos I hate sharing. It's all got to be big and luxurious, without feeling too exposed, or too creepy because there's too many movie scenes featuring bathrooms for me to ever feel 100% safe there. So it's got to be bright and airy, no stupid patterned tiles. And the floors will be non-stick, with underfloor heating. Also, have a sound system set up in there. And maybe have a few seats, or lounges or something in there, I love hanging around in the shower. And I guess with all this I'm going to need a super-big hot water system, but I'm going to have massive solar panels all over my roof and water tanks so hopefully it won't be too environmentally unfriendly. I want my house to be in a big U shape so I have almost an indoor courtyard so my cats won't be too disappointed at being kept inside to protect the wildlife. But it's going to be a cat friendly house, I saw one on tv once that had cat tunnels and perches all over the place, all over the ceilings and through the walls and stuff. Sounds like a great way to entertain the kitties without having them underfoot. There's nothing a cat likes better than getting up high and hiding. Then assassinating you from on high. Soft carpets everywhere, I love the look of wood but it's cold and hard. Big soft carpets for my poor tender little feet. And I want themed rooms. I want a room with a "harem" theme, with gold and rich reds and blues and wall hangings, with cushions, big cushions and beanbags everywhere. And in my bedroom, I'm going to find the biggest beg possible. Maybe I'll get one custom made so it's big enough. I like to be able to lie either way on my bed, sometimes I feel like lying sideways! In my indoor courtyard I plan on having white statues in the greco-roman style, perhaps I'll drape them with nice clothes or something, because I'm not terribly fond of nudity. Nice plants, herbs and stuff. Useful. Fruit trees, little ones, something I can cultivate and be proud of. I only rent now, but I've just planted out a couple of pots outside my back door. I'm hoping to grow some lettuce, carrots, broad beans, and some random herbs... can I remember... oregano... there's two others but I've forgotten. Somehow I just need to feel like I'm growing something, like I'm fruitful. And I'm going to have funny things to put my plants in, like cars, teapots, you know, for fun value. Maybe a bathtub.

No comments:

Post a Comment